lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mufaddal Khumri <mkhu...@allegromedical.com>
Subject Re: get results by relevance, limiting results and then sort the results by some criterion
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 18:01:53 GMT
In my case when we search for lets say cameras , my top x results are
all sorts of cameras and then i get documents that match camera casings etc.

As a company we want to show as many cameras as possible and not other
camera
related products for this one web view on a specific page we have. On
this same page
we also want to provide a way that the user can select "price high to
low" or price low to high" and sort these top x results. Essentially the
hard part is to come up with the X so that you ideally dont prune any
cameras.
As a business we want to strive to get as many cameras in the search
results, but at the same time we dont mind if a few cameras do not
appear in those results if we can really fine tune our search results to
only show cameras and not camera casings and camera batteries etc.

I have been looking at QueryFilter and the Sort API, but havent yet
figured out a way to do what I am trying to do .. any pointers are
greatly appreciated.

-Thanks,