lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mufaddal Khumri <mkhu...@allegromedical.com>
Subject get results by relevance, limiting results and then sort the results by some criterion
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:33:22 GMT
When I do a search for example on "batteries" i get 1200+ results. I
would like to show the user lets say 300. I can do that by only
extracting the first 300 hits (sorted by decreasing relevance by
default) and displaying those to the user.

Now on the search results page, I have a drop down box that lets the
user sort the results by price. When the user selects the "Sort by price
low to high", i would like to be able to sort the same 300 hits I got
above (sorted by decreasing relevance by default) by price.

Essentially I want to be able to sort the first 300 relevant search
results by price. (in other words I would like to be able to get search
results by relevance, limit the results and sort the results by some
criterion).

What would be a good way to do this in lucene?

-Thanks.