lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mufaddal Khumri <mkhu...@allegromedical.com>
Subject StandardAnalyzer question ...
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 16:05:17 GMT
Hi,

When StandardAnalyzer is used to index documents, arent the terms,
amongst other things, lower cased and stored that ways in the index?

I have a index field that I index like this:

ramWriter = new IndexWriter(ramDir, standardAnalyzer, true);
doc.add(Field.Text("categoryNames", categoryNames));

(I periodically write contents from the ram directory to the file system
directory.)

When I search this field via luke using the standard analyzer I find
words like this:
Digital Cameras
Digital Camera Batteries

Shouldn't the words indexed look like:

digital cameras
digital camera batteries

If I understand this right, when using standard analyzer, shouldn't the
terms be indexed  in lower case?

Thanks,