lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mufaddal Khumri <mkhu...@allegromedical.com>
Subject Re: Strange Problem ... Luke returns results Lucene api does not.
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 19:52:16 GMT
I am using the standard analyzer with luke.

Standard analyzer lower cases while indexing and searching.

The BooleanQuery, finalQuery.toString() in my case below is:

+(+contentNew:wireless +contentNew:fm +contentNew:car
+contentNew:transmitter) +entity:product +(name:wireless fm car
transmitter^40.0 ((name:wireless name:fm name:car
name:transmitter)^10.0) contentNew:wireless fm car transmitter^20.0
(contentNew:wireless contentNew:fm contentNew:car contentNew:transmitter))

OR

+(+contentNew:Wireless +contentNew:fm +contentNew:car
+contentNew:transmitter) +entity:category +(name:Wireless fm car
transmitter^40.0 ((name:Wireless name:fm name:car name:transmitter)
^10.0) contentNew:Wireless fm car transmitter^20.0  (contentNew:Wireless
contentNew:fm contentNew:car  contentNew:transmitter))

work in Luke just fine. I am using the StandardAnalyzer in Luke.

But when i try to execute the above boolean query via a call to
IndexSearcher.search(finalQuery) it returns no hits.