lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@syr.edu>
Subject Re: updating index
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 19:23:00 GMT
Revati,

This sounds like a Hibernate problem, I suggest you refer to their
documentation and forum.

-Grant

revati joshi wrote:
> Hi,
>        i hve tried updating lucene index using Hibernate lifecycle class but not able
to get the implementation of this class.
>   www.hibernate.org - Using Lifecycles and Interceptors to update Lucene searches.htm
>   The onSave(),onUpdate() method has got the Session parameter which is to passed while
invoking it.
>   i'm not able to get idea about Session parameter.How do i pass Session parameter to
it.Since i hve created GUI using java swing n awt components,so how n where do i invoke these
methods n Session parameter.
>   Is it proper if i do with Multithreading concept which will continuously do indexing
in the background in order to make updation in indexing.
>   Plz suggest some solution to this problem as soon as possible.
>   Thnks for ur cooperation in advance.
>                                                  with regards,
>                                                   Revati.
>

> ---------------------------------
>  Yahoo! Mail
>  Use Photomail to share photos without annoying attachments.

Grant Ingersoll
Sr. Software Engineer
Center for Natural Language Processing
Syracuse University