lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mufaddal Khumri <mkhu...@allegromedical.com>
Subject Lucene Query ... understanding
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:24:25 GMT
Hi,

Am just trying to see if i understand the lucene query below correctly.

+(+contentNew:radio +contentNew:mp3) +entity:product +(name:radio
mp3^4.0 (contentNew:radio contentNew:mp3) contentNew:radio mp3^2.0)

Let me see if can understand the above query correctly:

1. the contentNew field has the word "radio" AND the word "mp3"
AND
2. the entity field has the word "product"
AND
3. the phrase "radio mp3" is in field name boosted by 4 OR the word
"radio" is in the field contentNew OR the word "mp3 is in the field
contentNew OR the phrase "radio mp3" is in the field contentNew boosted by 2

(I am trying to understand the above query in terms of ANDs, ORs,
Groupings and boosting as opposed to prohibited and required)

Am I correct in my understanding?

Thanks,