lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@syr.edu>
Subject Re: Relevance Feedback Lucene+Algorithms
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 22:38:49 GMT
In the example code, take a look at the SearchServlet.java code and the
performFeedback and getTopTerms() methods, which demonstrate the use of
the term vectors.  It is fairly well commented.  You don't need maven,
JSP or JUnit for this.  On the indexing side, look at the TVHTMLDocument
for how to construct the term vectors.

As for how to do Rel. Feedback, you can search the mailing list archive,
there have been many discussions in the past that will offer insights
into RF in Lucene.  I also like the book "Modern Information Retrieval"
by Baeza-Yates, et.al as a text for the theory behind RF.  You may also
find the MoreLikeThis implementation (again, search this mailing list
and look in the Lucene contrib section) satisfies your needs.

Hope this helps,
Grant