lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Volodymyr Bychkoviak <vbychkov...@i-hypergrid.com>
Subject Re: When do files in 'deleteable' get deleted?
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 09:20:45 GMT
Lucene tries to delete 'deletable' files every time index is modified.
The reason files can't be deleted is that those files are is use (thay
are open). (This is applicable mainly to Windows, as far as Linux allows
to delete files that are in use...)

If your files 'deletable' don't get deleted you should check if your
IndexReader/IndexSearcher are properly closed.

For Windows I suggest Utility 'ProcesExplorer' from Sysinternals. It can
show you what files are open by selected process and find out what
processes keep selected file open.

--
regards,
Volodymyr Bychkoviak