lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dan Armbrust <>
Subject When do files in 'deleteable' get deleted?
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 17:26:41 GMT
If I am using lucene (daily build from ~ a month ago or so) on windows -
and when I merge two indexes together, I get a number of .cfs files
noted in my 'deleteable' file - but they never seem to actually be
deleted by lucene.

When does lucene try to delete these files - does it ever work on
windows?  As far as I can tell, nothing should be holding a lock on
those files.  Yet, even when I shut down the only jvm that is using
these indexes, and then open a new one, and perform a search, they don't
go away.

Daniel Armbrust
Biomedical Informatics
Mayo Clinic Rochester