lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com.au>
Subject Re: Queries not derived from the text index
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 02:09:38 GMT
Chris Hostetter wrote:
> : I think that overriding getFieldQuery would work, yeah... you're right.
> :    It's just a matter of comparing efficienty of this:
> :
> :      BooleanQuery of (TermQuery, FilteredQuery of (AllDocsQuery, Filter))
> :
> : to the efficiency of this:
> :
> :      FilteredQuery of (TermQuery, Filter)
>
> the third option is as easy to impliment as the first, and probably close
> to being as efficient as the second...
>
>        BooleanQuery of (TermQuery, ConstantScoreQuery(Filter))

Ooo... that's even better.  Hopefully I can backport ConstantScoreQuery
to the version we're using without too much trouble (MatchAllDocsQuery
didn't cause any trouble.)

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll

Nuix Australia Pty Ltd
Suite 79, 89 Jones St, Ultimo NSW 2007, Australia
Phone: (02) 9280 0699
Fax:   (02) 9212 6902