lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Michael D. Curtin" <m...@curtin.com>
Subject Re: Queries not derived from the text index
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 14:10:11 GMT
Daniel Noll wrote:

> Is it possible to customise the QueryParser so that it returns Query
> instances that have no relationship to the text index whatsoever?

The syntax that Lucene's QueryParser supports isn't very complicated.
I'm sure you could write your own parser from scratch, perhaps with some
syntactic construct that identifies a "normal" Lucene (sub)query and
passes that part to QueryParser.

The hard part, I wager, will be coming up with a syntax that does all
you want, is easy to understand, and doesn't conflict with the goal of
keeping the simple queries simple...

Good luck!

--MDC