lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Johan Oskarsson <jo...@oskarsson.nu>
Subject Manually create a term freq vector
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 18:46:15 GMT
Hi.

I'm trying to speed up my indexing process and
since I already know how many times I want a specific
word to occur in the term frequence vector I'd like to be
able to create the vector myself.

This would speed things up because I wouldn't have to
take the extra step of creating a string with the
word duplicated x times just so that lucene can
break it down into "string y occurs x times" again.

The problem is that I can't seem to figure out how to do this.
Even if I manage to create a term vector there doesn't seem to
be a good place to set it in the field.

/Johan