lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Eugene Ezekiel <echot...@gmail.com>
Subject Reducing Inflated Similarity Scores
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2006 12:36:04 GMT
Hi All,

I'm currently using the Default Similarity with the Boolean Query add
function to append clauses. The problem I face is this, given a query
<t1> <t2> <t3> .... <tn>, where <ti> = a term
it returns me a document which that has just ONE term in it say <t1> and
nothing else. Surprisingly, the hits score for this is 1.0.

Ok, I'm quite new to lucene so I don't really know how the Default
Similarity works but from what I gather it is a variation of the
cos-similarity. And the cos-measure penalizes extraneous terms
therefore, how can the score be 1.0?

Can anyone tell what I can tweak to bring it more to the cos-measure?

Thanks.

Regards,
Eugene