lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Filter Field.Keyword possible?
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 11:31:19 GMT

On Feb 28, 2006, at 6:10 AM, Samuru Jackson wrote:
> Hi again!
>
>>         2) Use a QueryFilter with that same TermQuery, and apply
>> that Filter
>> to your search method.
>
> Thanks for the hint - I just bought "Lucene in Action" and now I'm
> more into it :-)
>
> But at this point I'm facing some Filter problems again.
>
> As proposed in LiA the easiest way would be to use the QueryFilter for
> my problem. I just create a Term for "type" in my last example and
> thats all.

Also heed the other recommendations in LIA and don't necessarily use
Filters when BooleanQuery clauses will suffice.  There is overhead
involved in the Filter mechanism in terms of executing multiple
queries to build all the filters you're proposing.

> **But** what if I want to create a whole set of filters?

There is a ChainedFilter available in the contrib/miscellaneous area
(previously called the "sandbox", as in LIA) that can be used to
combine multiple Filters in sophisticated ways.  Maybe this is what
you're after?  It is covered in LIA.

	Erik