lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "John Hamilton" <jlhamil...@kbsi.com>
Subject search a subdirectory (New to Lucene)
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 18:00:09 GMT
I'm new to Lucene and was wondering what is the best way to perform a search on a subdirectory
or subdirectories within the index?  My thought at this point is to build a query to first
search for files in the required directory(ies) and then use that query to make a QueryFilter
and use that QueryFilter in the actual search.  Is there an easier way?

On an unrelated note, does anybody know of a way to get results a the section level within
a document?  For example, could I find not just a document that matches my query, but the
paragraph within that document that best matches the query?

thanks,

John