lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Indexing speed
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 19:47:33 GMT
Hi Revati,

If you have Lucene in Action, look at Chapter 2, ection 2.7 - http://www.lucenebook.com/search?query=index+performance+control
If you don't have LIA, look at IndexWriter class and its mergeFactor and maxBufferedDocs parameters.
 You can also look for my article about indexing with Lucene (link in the Wiki), which includes
code for playing with various parameters and explains what's going on, etc.

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: revati joshi <revati_joshi83@yahoo.com>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Fri 24 Feb 2006 12:41:33 PM EST
Subject: Indexing speed

hi all,
           I just wnted to know how to increase the speed of indexing of files .
  I tried it by using Multithreading approach but couldn't get much better performance.
  It was same as it is in usual sequential indexing.Is there any other approach to get better
Indexing performance incase of large file structure.?
  waiting for the reply.
        regards,
        Revati.