lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Amany Moussa <amany_mou...@yahoo.com>
Subject Lucene CPU Utilization
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 14:50:57 GMT

Hello,

I am building a Lucene index with over a million
documents retrieved from database. I am running the
application on Unix, I am getting a 100% CPU
utilization the moment the application start.
The application creates a list of small indices in a
temp directory then merge them all in the main index
file.
Is there any way I can tune the indexing process and
reduce the CPU utilization.
Thanks much.

Amany M.