lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Xin Herbert Wu" <xi...@pathf.com>
Subject wildcard search constraints?
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 21:19:58 GMT
Hi,

I have a lucene index library field "slug" which has a string value
"abc-nws-hurr29".

When using these settings:

-  Use QueryParser

-  StandardAnalyzer

I have some strange behaviors:

(1) The field query slug:abc*hurr2* works only if the field type is
"Keyword". The query fails if the type is "Text".

(2) On the other hand, query slug:abc-nws-hurr29 only works if the field
type is "Text" and fails if the type is "Keyword"

I prefer to use StandardAnalyzer for all the basic searches so that I can
construct complex field query involved many different types of fields, but
it seems it has some limitations on wildcard searches.

Do I have to use other Analyzer in order to have a correct wildcard search
on different types of fields?

I use lucene1.4.3 on java 5 and the behavior is verified by luke-0.6 tool.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Xin