lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Queries not derived from the text index
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 18:50:49 GMT
Daniel,
If you end up trying all 3 options here, please report your findings (speed/memory).  I'm
about to rework some of the Lucene stuff behind Simpy.com, and am looking at Filters used
this way (+ sort by date or some int) more and more.

Thanks,
Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: Chris Hostetter <hossman_lucene@fucit.org>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Thu 09 Feb 2006 02:06:55 AM EST
Subject: Re: Queries not derived from the text index

: I think that overriding getFieldQuery would work, yeah... you're right.
:    It's just a matter of comparing efficienty of this:
:
:      BooleanQuery of (TermQuery, FilteredQuery of (AllDocsQuery, Filter))
:
: to the efficiency of this:
:
:      FilteredQuery of (TermQuery, Filter)

the third option is as easy to impliment as the first, and probably close
to being as efficient as the second...

       BooleanQuery of (TermQuery, ConstantScoreQuery(Filter))

-Hoss