lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Elschot <paul.elsc...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: How can you simulate inOrder in boolean queries
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 21:55:10 GMT
On Tuesday 07 February 2006 22:06, RONALD MANTAY wrote:
>     Hi, can any one help, I am new to lucene.
>
>   Due to requiring a specific Query syntax, I have created a bespoke query
parser to build a boolean query which at any time may comprising a mixture
of :

>   a)  Fuzzy terms with similarity level set according to length of term.text
>   b)  Wild Card Querys
>   c)  Term Querys
>
>   I would like to ability to define if the Query parser terms require to be
in Order or not (but when in order to allow gaps in the term positions).

>   I can not see see how I can use PhraseQuery or SpanNearQuery directly, can
anyone point me in the right direction in how to simulate inOrder to boolean
queries.

You could take a look at the test code for these classes, this contains
examples on their use (see eg. TestPhraseQuery and the spans directory):
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/lucene/java/tags/lucene_1_4_3/src/test/org/apache/lucene/search/

And there is also another query language that has ordered and
unordered queries:
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/lucene/java/trunk/contrib/surround/

Regards,
Paul Elschot