lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From RONALD MANTAY <ronald.man...@btinternet.com>
Subject How can you simulate inOrder in boolean queries
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 21:06:51 GMT
    Hi, can any one help, I am new to lucene.

  Due to requiring a specific Query syntax, I have created a bespoke query parser to build
a boolean query which at any time may comprising a mixture of :

  a)  Fuzzy terms with similarity level set according to length of term.text
  b)  Wild Card Querys
  c)  Term Querys

  I would like to ability to define if the Query parser terms require to be in Order or not
(but when in order to allow gaps in the term positions).

  I can not see see how I can use PhraseQuery or SpanNearQuery directly, can anyone point
me in the right direction in how to simulate inOrder to boolean queries.

  Any help will be appreciated.