lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Amol Bhutada" <Am...@synechron.com>
Subject Re: Reindexing
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 14:31:03 GMT
Hi Revati,
If I am not wrong you must be using hibernate intercepter to get the evens on value objects.
You will get all lifecycle event in the class so you should handle lucene index addition/updation/deletion
there.

But I had faced locking problem with hibernate as multiple writers get opened for lucene.
So better have a seprate background indexing app.
Hey TEAM, please correct me if I am wrong.

thanks
Amol

From: Erik Hatcher <erik@ehatchersolutions.com>
Date:  Tue, 7 Feb 2006 08:32:48 -0500

Sent via the WebMail system at mail.synechron.com

Mail Disclaimer: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and the views
expressed in the same are not necessarily the views of Synechron, and its Directors, Management
or Employees. This communication represents the originator's personal views and opinions.
If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail
to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail by error, and that
any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.
You shall be under obligation to keep the contents of this e-mail, strictly confidential and
shall not disclose, disseminate or divulge the same to any Person, Company, Firm or Entity.
Even though Synechron uses up-to-date virus checking software to scan it's emails please ensure
you have adequate virus protection before you open or detach any documents from this transmission.
Synechron does not accept any liability for viruses
 or vulnerabilities. The rights to monitor all e-mail communication through our network are
reserved with us.