lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Antonio Bruno <ntnbr...@yahoo.it>
Subject time of search for an index with the file .FDT much large
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 16:08:00 GMT
I have an index with 2,5 million documents.
A document is formed in this way:
- 15 fields index
- 1 field stored but not indexed, whose value is one string of 500 byte.
A search in average gives back the 3000 document. As 3000 id of documents is given back a
lot fastly, the 3000 documents instead demands at least 20sec. for being given back!!!
  I have tried with a string of 5 byte instead that of 500, and the 3000 documents are given
back in only 1sec!
  The question seems had to the size of the file .fdt
  How I can make in order to reduce the time in the first case?

  Ing. Antonio Bruno
  Software Analyst
  http://xoomer.virgilio.it/lnb
  cell: (+39) 3402347684
  T&S S.r.l - Technologies And Solutions
  email T&S: bruno@tessrl.com
  email Yahoo: ntnbrn80@yahoo.it

Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi, antispam, antivirus, POP3