lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Xin Herbert Wu" <>
Subject Field search problem(only single word query works)
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2006 04:54:57 GMT

I have two libraries A and B indexed from database tables where A has about
10 fields and B has about 30 fields(with about a couple of hundred records).
A and B both have a TEXT type field "headline" reading data from the same
database table column.

However the field query - "headline: fire water" works for library A, NOT
for library B(returns 0 results without any error) when the headline field
value is "fire and water". But query "headline:fire headline:water" does
work for library B.

Any possible reason why library B only accepts single word fielded query?

I am running Lucene 1.4.3 on Java 5/JBoss4.0.3 in XP/Linux environment.