lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Aigner, Thomas" <TAig...@WescoDist.com>
Subject RE: When do files in 'deleteable' get deleted?
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 17:41:45 GMT
I believe that the files are actually deleted from lucene when the
optimize is run.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Armbrust [mailto:daniel.armbrust.list@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 12:27 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: When do files in 'deleteable' get deleted?

If I am using lucene (daily build from ~ a month ago or so) on windows -

and when I merge two indexes together, I get a number of .cfs files
noted in my 'deleteable' file - but they never seem to actually be
deleted by lucene.

When does lucene try to delete these files - does it ever work on
windows?  As far as I can tell, nothing should be holding a lock on
those files.  Yet, even when I shut down the only jvm that is using
these indexes, and then open a new one, and perform a search, they don't

go away.

Thanks,

Dan