lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karl Koch" <TheRan...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Vector Space Model <-> Probabilistic Model
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 13:22:22 GMT
Does anybody here know a paper/book chapter that particularily writes about
the individual advantages/disadvantages of each ot the two models? I had a
look at [Grossman/Frieder 1998] ("Information Retrieval - Algorithms and
Heuristics") in which is was stated that the question which model works best
is still an open debate. However, there should be at least paper that at
least argue for the one or the the other model in order to get a better
understanding. Perhaps anybody has some references?

Karl