lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Oskar Berger <oskar.ber...@agent25.se>
Subject AccumulativeFieldAnalyzer
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:59:07 GMT
Hello all,

Blatantly trying to take advantage of previous mistakes and expertise
experience among all of you, I hereby ask for help in a small issue
dealing with indexing into multiple fields I've run into.

Objective:
To index multiple fields derived from one source field.
e.g. CASE, REVERSE, REVERSE_CASE

I've been thinking about using PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper as a start but
then write an Analyzer that would store preprocessed tokenStreams for
each field in a hash map. Then I could write a MarionetteAnalyzer that
de facto would do nothing at all but lookup the supplied tokenStream
(initialized by the one that is used to indeed analyze the field), and
add it in the PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper.

This way the field would be analyzed only once, and as the source is the
same it does not make sense to do it over and over.

Is this a sound approach or am I totally out in the blue?

/oskar