lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Michael van Rooyen" <mv...@bigfoot.com>
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2006 22:06:42 GMT
While building a large index, we had a power outage.  Over 2 million
documents had been added, each document with up to about 20 fields.  The
size of the index on disk is ~500MB.  When I started the process up again, I
noticed that documents that should have been in the index were missing.  In
retrospect, I think that Lucene was seeing the index as being completely
empty (it now says there are 385 docs in the index, but all of those have
been added since the power outage).  The size on disk is still ~500MB.  Does
anyone have an idea what might cause the documents to dissappear, and what
can be done to get them back?  Rebuilding takes a while at 100ms per
document, but it's a bit more concerning if such a outage or crash could
cause documents to mysteriously dissapear from the index...