lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "sog" <sogwhites...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can I get a term's frequency?
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 10:18:18 GMT

en, I describe my question more clearly:

I search with a group of query terms, I can get a document from the search
result:

Query(term1, term2, term3)-->search index-->Hits(doc1, doc2, doc3, ......)

I wanna get term1's frequency in doc1 ?

Hits(docs1((term1,freq),(term2,freq),(term3,freq)),
     docs2((term1,freq),(term2,freq),(term3,freq)),......)

I think the tf value is caculated in the index procedure. can I get the
tf(term frequency) value of term1 directly?

I can do it in this way:

QueryTermVector vector= new QueryTermVector(Document.getValues(field));
freq = result.getTermFrequencies();

but I think this is a very low efficient way.

Anyone can help me ? thx

sog