lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dan Funk <...@danandtamara.com>
Subject Re: all stop words in exact phrase get 0 hits
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 13:24:17 GMT
That is certainly the behaviour I would expect. The "+" means the term or
phrase is required - you are requiring words that are not stored in your

Why don't remove the "+"?  Alternately you could run the search, and if no
matches are found, run it again without the second argument.  I've found
lucene to be fairly fast at finding 0 results.