lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dan Funk <...@danandtamara.com>
Subject Re: where to store the index
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2005 16:39:49 GMT
I can't think of a good reason for you to keep the index in memory - The
performance increase (from blazing-fast to super-blazing-fast) just isn't
something your users are going to notice.  And it's at the cost of building
the index from scratch every time you start up.

Eventually, for one reason or another, you will end up having the lucene
index outside the web-app directory - i think your best bet would be to go
ahead and start out that way.