lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dan Funk <daniel.h.f...@gmail.com>
Subject exporting and importing Lucene documents
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2005 16:51:25 GMT
We build indexes, then share those indexes (along with files and database
records) with our client installations.

 We now have multiple clients, and they are beginning to say things like,
"I'd like this group of documents here, and this little bit over here, and
ah .... yea that document there too, but not all that other stuff." Damn
clients.

We need to keep our installation simple and fairly idiot proof.  I don't
want them to spend hours/days building indexes at installation time.

What I would like to do is have a primary index with all documents pre-build
at our office, then pull select lucene documents out of that index, and
build a second that would be ready to send to our client.  Is this going to
be any more efficient than just building a new index from scratch?  Is there
a better method?  Such as duplicating the index and deleting ids that I
don't want in the new index?

Thanks,

Dan