lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: DistributingMultiFieldQueryParser and DisjunctionMaxQuery
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 19:51:16 GMT

: The DistributingMultiFieldQueryParser would correctly generate a query
: that would find fruit in one of the fields, but would only ensure that
: apples did not appear in one field, not not appear in all the fields,
: which was the behaviour I wanted. Hence negations didn't really work if
: the term appeared in more than one field.
:
: Has anyone else experienced this problem?

As i mentioned in the comments for LUCENE-323,
DistributingMultiFieldQueryParser seems to be more of a demo of what's
possible with DisjunctionMaxQuery -- not neccessarily a full fledged
QueryParser.  I think that's why it wasn't commited (even though
DisjunctionMaxQuery was), and the issue was left open.

-Hoss