lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul.Illingwo...@saaconsultants.com
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 12:05:55 GMT

Hello all,

Whilst merging one index into another using
IndexWriter.addIndexes(IndexReader[]) I got the following error.

(index _file_path)\_5z.fnm (The system cannot find the file specified)

It would appear that this occurred during the adding of the indexes.  The
indexes I was merging to and from were very small (target index 80kb, < 300
documents, source index only a few documents) but whilst merging this index
the same server process was also in middle of building another separate
relatively large index (>1000000 documents, around 350Mb). Any ideas as to
what may cause this to happen? (I am using Lucene 1.4.3.)

Whilst looking at my problem I noticed that whem I added indexes I got a
new .cfs file but none of the other files were removed so I end up with a
directory full of seemingly old .cfs files. Loading the index into Luke
seems to indicate that none of these older cfs files are being used. Am I
doing something wrong or not doing something I should?.

I also noticed that there is an inconsistency between the
IndexWriter.addIndexes(IndexReader[]) and the
IndexWriter.addIndexes(Directory[]) methods. The former only calls
optomize() before the adding of the indexes, the latter calls optomize()
both before and after. I therefore call optomize() myself after adding the

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Paul I.