lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dmitry Goldenberg" <dmitry.goldenb...@weblayers.com>
Subject Wildcard and Fuzzy queries - no best fragments generated - ??
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2005 18:55:07 GMT
Hello,

While testing my code that integrates the Highlighter class from org.apache.lucene.search.highlight,
I found out that for wildcard and fuzzy queries, it generates no best fragments.

Any particular reason why that is the case?  Shouldn't the highlighter be able to work just
like with any other query and highlight any matching token sequences?  E.g. if I'm searching
for lava~, I'd expect it to highlight words like lava, java, etc.  This is the whole point
of highlighting, is it not?

Thanks,
- Dmitry