lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dmitry Goldenberg" <dmitry.goldenb...@weblayers.com>
Subject Field searches and special characters - ??
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2005 18:34:56 GMT
Hello,

Trying to get my field searches to work with special characters.  It appears that Lucene is
not able to interpret these searches correctly (but works as expected with generic content
searches).

For instance, I created a document named item+with+pluses (plus being the special character
to test).  Verified that my index contains a document whose 'Keyword.Name' field is set to
item\+with\+pluses. Now, when searching for this document, I have tried the following, per
the recommended Lucene special char escaping rules:

=>  Keyword.Name:item\+with\+pluses - this brought back no results
=>  Keyword.Name:item\\+with\\+pluses - no results, either
=>  Keyword.Name:item\\\+with\\\+pluses - nothing
=>  item\+with\+pluses - finds the right document that has "item+with+pluses" in the content

The other thing I tried was indexing the value without first escaping it, as just item+with+pluses.
 In this case, Keyword.Name:item\+with\+pluses still brought back no results.

Has anyone run into this issue before?  Any recommendations?

Thanks,
- Dmitry