lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dan Liu" <d...@tridsys.com>
Subject RE: delete and optimize
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 20:41:11 GMT
There IS difference between something being marked as deleted and
something is actually deleted. As these marked as deleted can be
undeleted.

The document is marked as deleted even before the reader is closed.
There is an example in "Lucene in Action". /dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Quaroni [mailto:dquaroni@OPENRATINGS.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 3:18 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: delete and optimize

I'm confused by what you mean - there is no difference between something
being marked as deleted and deleted.  (Since it's not removed from the
index until optimization)

I've found that unless I close(), the document isn't even marked for
deletion.  And if I recall, I think I also had to close the Directory,
but that may not be true.