lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From John Powers <>
Subject Basic lucene usage
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 18:13:21 GMT
Am I correct in assuming that I can use lucene by itself as a search engine
in a website?   If each user session is looking at the fsdirectory and
searching on it, is that ok?   Or do I need to put in a queue or pool that
handles searching it; only allowing the one thing application-wide to
actually get to the fsdirectory?    Can 100 people look at the fsdirectory
at the same time?  Or do you generally put in a single entry point that
queues requests for a search from those 100 people?

And I guess I have the same question about writing/indexing.  Locks are
creating as apart of the indexing process, correct?  So you'd definitly not
want multiple people doing that at the same time?  What is the best practice
to stop that?

Are locks created as apart of searching?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message