lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From John Powers <jpow...@configureone.com>
Subject Re: lucene and database searching, keeping score
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 23:59:35 GMT
Instead of just putting the keys in the index, can you put all the data you
might be getting out to display to the user, or whatever the final thing is?
That's what we do.    Search on the id as you are, and then the hit has
documents that are loaded with all your final information instead of just
the keys.   It'll save you a db connection at result time.