lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "chandler burgess" <tucros3...@hotmail.com>
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 18:31:15 GMT
Hello, I have a 6GB index consisting of about 4M documents, each with 2
fields. The index built fine and then I optimized it. Whenever I try to open
the index, though, the jvm crashes saying it has run out of heap space. Even
when I increase the heap size it just runs longer and then crashes. With a
heap of 512M, it ran for about 2 minutes and then crashed.

Anyone have clues as to what could cause this? Also, does it usually take
this long to open an index?

Im using lucene1.4.3 on a XP machine with jdk1.5. Any help is appreciated.

Chandler Burgess