lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Andy Hind" <andy.h...@alfresco.org>
Subject IO Error/Jira
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 08:52:14 GMT
Hi

I would like some pointers for causes of the following error, using
lucene 1.4.3.

I have not really got much to go on at the moment other then the error.

(I am aware of the IBM JVM issue and would be surprise if this JVM is
being used - but I do not have enough information to rule this out)

Has anyone seen anything similar?

Caused by: java.io.IOException: read past EOF

            at
org.apache.lucene.store.InputStream.refill(InputStream.java:154)

            at
org.apache.lucene.store.InputStream.readByte(InputStream.java:43)

            at
org.apache.lucene.store.InputStream.readBytes(InputStream.java:57)

            at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.norms(SegmentReader.java:356)

            at
org.apache.lucene.index.MultiReader.norms(MultiReader.java:159)

            at
org.apache.lucene.search.TermQuery$TermWeight.scorer(TermQuery.java:64)

            at
org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery$BooleanWeight.scorer(BooleanQuery.
java:165)

            at
org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:85)

            at org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.getMoreDocs(Hits.java:64)

            at org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.<init>(Hits.java:43)

            at
org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Searcher.java:33)

            at
org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Searcher.java:27)

I am assuming the index has been corrupted in some way.

Is it possible this could be related to issue 415?

When I look at bugs on Jira it is not clear to me what version of lucene
I need to include a fix.

Has version 1.4.3 been fixed up beyond the latest official binary dated
29-Nov-2004?

Should I be getting and building from the repository?

Any help appreciated,

Regards

Andy