lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Soboroff <ian.sobor...@nist.gov>
Subject Re: ApacheCon next week
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 20:18:09 GMT
Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@syr.edu> writes:

> You stole my thunder!  :-)  Was going to post the URL after doing the
> actual talk, but that's all right.  I will post a few changes I have
> made on the plane tonight or tomorrow to the website below.
>
> Let me know if you have any questions...

I have one.  I've been thinking about the problem with doing relevance
feedback in Lucene, and I appreciate seeing your code on getting the
top terms from a single document.

However, the real problem for RF and pseudo-RF techniques is forming
the query.  You can obviously add terms to a query, but how are you
handling the weighting?  With boosts, or something more sophisticated?

Ian