lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From George Abraham <george.abraham.luc...@gmail.com>
Subject lucene and database searching, keeping score
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 21:03:34 GMT
All,
I have created a Lucene index from data in a SQL Server db. When I conduct a
Lucene search, I get back in the hits the primary key (WorkID) and the
scores associated with the hits. Then using the list of WorkIDs, I query the
database for the other associated information of the assets associated with
the WorkIDs. Since this is a SQL query, it is independent of the Lucene
scoring and the order is all screwed up. How do I then add the scores to the
resultset returned from the database? Basically I would want to merge the
resultset from Lucene with the resultset from the SQL query.

Thanks,
George