lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dan Quaroni" <dquar...@OPENRATINGS.com>
Subject RE: delete and optimize
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 20:18:19 GMT
I'm confused by what you mean - there is no difference between something being marked as deleted
and deleted.  (Since it's not removed from the index until optimization)

I've found that unless I close(), the document isn't even marked for deletion.  And if I recall,
I think I also had to close the Directory, but that may not be true.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Liu [mailto:dliu@tridsys.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 3:09 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: delete and optimize

The document is markded as "deleted" when reader.delete(i) is called. It
is actually deleted from index when reader.close().

The deleted douments seems put in a separate file with extension ".del"
in the index folder.

When optimiation happens after deletion, the ".del" file is gone, and
Document number are reclaimed.

Aviran
http://www.aviransplace.com