lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Zhang, Lisheng" <Lisheng.Zh...@broadvision.com>
Subject NullPointerException in ParallelMultiSearcher
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 20:29:50 GMT
Hi,

We are using lucene v1.4.3 for some time, in general it is working well.

We often try to search multiple collections at the same time, so we
are using ParallelMultiSearcher, but sometimes we got the following
exception:

########
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at
org.apache.lucene.search.MultiSearcherThread.hits(ParallelMultiSearcher.java
:281)
    at
org.apache.lucene.search.ParallelMultiSearcher.search(ParallelMultiSearcher.
java:134)
    at org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.getMoreDocs(Hits.java:64)
    at org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.<init>(Hits.java:51)
    at org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Searcher.java:41)
########

It seems this happens when searching site is heavily used, also when
we switch to MultiSearcher, we never see this kind of problems?

Your guidance would be very appreciated!

Best regards, Lisheng