lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Lu <chris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: index databases
Date Sat, 10 Dec 2005 08:55:43 GMT
On 12/10/05, Chris Hostetter <hossman_lucene@fucit.org> wrote:
> : are there any APIs which will index mysql databases and run periodically ?
>
> I'll defer that question to someone else who knows more about it.

I may not know more than most people. But to index databases and run
periodically, you need a server instead of a simple API.
And you need to take care of notifying the searcher when you have new
index created if you want to cache the searcher for high performance.

I welcome you to take a look at DBSight.net
It's meant to help rapidly add a google-like search for any database
content, for any new/existing websites.

Chris Lu