lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Directory implementation on JAR's
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2005 09:31:05 GMT
If you need to transfer an index from one machine to another all you
need to do is move the index directory (by zipping it if you want).
There isn't a need to put an index in a JAR just for transfer purposes.

There has been some work on a ZipDirectory (or JARDirectory?, not
sure what it was called exactly) that you might find in the
archives.  I don't think it was ever fully polished though.

	Erik