lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Daan de Wit" <d.de....@wis.nl>
Subject RE: QueryParser over multiple fields
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2005 13:32:12 GMT
Hi Gaston,

Have a look at MultiFieldQueryParser.

Greetings,
Daan

-----Original Message-----
From: Gaston [mailto:gasi@artentis.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2005 13:42
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: QueryParser over multiple fields

Hallo,

in my index every document consistsof multiple fields like
url,contents,description etc.I want to search for documents in the url
and the contents field.
My problem is that the constructor of QueryParser only provide one field

like "Query query=QueryParser.parse("query",field1,analyzer);"
Is there an oppurtinity to construct an query Object like "Query
query=QueryParser.parse("query",field1,field2,analyzer);" to provide a
search over field1 and field2 ?
I solved this problem in a very unelegant way I think because I
introduced two searching procedures in my application, one for field1
and the another one for field2. But this is very bad for the performance

because the application has to search two times.

I am glad about every suggestion

Greetings

Gaston