lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Cheolgoo Kang <app...@gmail.com>
Subject Can I warm-up my search for it's performance?
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2005 05:10:36 GMT
Hi,

I'm running an index on FSDirectory with 0.4M documents with each of 7 fields.

When I open an IndexReader and an IndexSearcher, the average search
time with hits of 0.2M items (yeah, very common word) takes about
150~250 msec and it's pretty good. But the first time just after
opening IndexReader or IndexSearcher, search with the same keyword
takes about 3~4 secs (10 times more than the average) and this makes
our search system looks slow.

I think it could be the caching issue with OS and file system.

Any way, can I warm our IndexSearcher or IndexReader up to reduce this problem?

--
Cheolgoo