lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Cret Hummin <hum...@pit.speedlinq.nl>
Subject Filtering after Query
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2005 16:04:21 GMT
Hi All,

When using Searcher.search(Query, Filter), and I use my own custom
filter, it appears I'm presented with /all/ the documents in the index,
i.e. in the method bits(IndexReader reader) from my custom Filter, the
value of reader.maxDoc() is always the number of documents in the index.
The same is true when do Searcher.search(FilteredQuery(Query, Filter)).

Is it possible to filter /after/ the query has limited the number of
possible documents, /before/ returning a Hits collection?

Regards,
Laurens